Why work at The Good Samaritan Home?
At The Good Samaritan Home, our goal is simple: be the best senior care provider in the community. Good Samaritan Home provides a family-like atmosphere by sharing Christian love and concern for our residents and our employees. Providing exceptional resident care is the foundation of our Home. We are seeking self-motivated, passionate and dependable employees to join our family
Benefits Available To Employees Of Good Samaritan Home Include:
◊ Competitive Wage with Annual Merit Increases.
◊ Generous Paid-Time-Off with accrual beginning day (1) of employment.
◊ Free Office Visits, Generic Medications, and Lab Work at our Employee Clinic.
◊ Free Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
◊ Low employee cost Health and Dental Insurance.
◊ Matching retirement plan to help you plan for the future.
◊ Advancement Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement
◊ And many more fantastic benefits
If you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents and to provide excellent job performance in a family-like atmosphere, apply today at www.goodsamhome.org/careers or The Good Samaritan Home, 601 N. Boeke Rd. Evansville Indiana 47711. Good Samaritan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NURSE UNIT MANAGER
We are seeking a self-motivated, passionate and caring nurse manager to join our family. If you possess the following skills you are an ideal candidate for this position.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, problem-solver with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and staff to provide excellent care of our residents.
- Effective communicator with strong team-building and collaborative skills.
- Promotes staff excellence, accuracy and consistency to ensure compliance with all regulations and standards.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years long-term-care experience
If you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents, to provide excellent floor care services and to work in a family-like atmosphere, complete the application below or stop by The Good Samaritan Home, 601 N. Boeke Rd. Evansville Indiana 47711.
Full-time 12 hour and WEO positions currently available.
- Administers medications by preparing medications
- Maintains logs.
- Maintains patient stability by taking and recording vital signs.
- Maintains patient nutrition by examining food trays and recording food and fluid intake and output.
- Performs routine laboratory tests by collecting samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (CNA)
Full-time 12 hour positions – Day/Eve and Eve/Night
- Assisting patients with daily personal hygiene activities, (bathing, mouth care, dressing/undressing, hair and nail care);
- Assisting with turning, lifting, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, spa tub, wheelchairs, and lifts;
- Answering call lights promptly;
- Effective communication with the patient and all members of the team.
- Qualified candidates must have a current Indiana Certification (out of state must get Indiana Certification within 120 days of employment.
QUALIFIED MEDICATION AIDE (QMA)
Full-time 12 hour positions
- A QMA works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse and can perform only procedures that are defined within the QMA scope of practice.
- Must possess a Valid CNA/QMA Certification
- Must work as QMA and CNA
- Administer regularly prescribed medication which the QMA has been trained to administer.
- Document in a patient’s electronic medication record all medications that they actually administered.
- Report any reactions or abnormalities to the RN.
- QMA’s at Good Samaritan also work as CNA’s.
(1) EOW 7:30 – 3:00 and PRN days
Must have valid CNA Certification; Restorative experience preferred.
- Assist nursing staff in providing restorative care to residents and patients.
- Perform restorative and therapy tasks on patients as assigned
- Gather and document on patients’ data for restorative therapeutic purposes.
- Serve meals to residents and patients in a restorative facility.
- Monitor and keep track of changes in residents and patients under restorative nursing care.
- Assist restorative nursing staff in bathing, dressing and grooming residents and patients.
Good Samaritan Home provides a family-like atmosphere by sharing Christian love and concern for our residents and our employees. Providing exceptional resident care is the foundation of our Home. We are seeking a self-motivated, passionate and caring employee to join our family.
- cleaning and sanitizing rooms or other assigned areas,
- dusting and polishing, cleaning all furniture and accessories,
- clean and sanitize bathing spaces, sinks and toilets;
- sweeping and mopping
- communicate throughout the day with supervisors and other staff members.
- responding to the needs of residents in a prompt and courteous manner
Benefits available to employees of Good Samaritan Home include:
- Competitive Wage with Annual Merit Increases.
- Generous Paid-Time-Off beginning day 1 of employment.
- FREE Office Visits, Generic Medications, and Lab Work at employee clinic.
- FREE Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Low employee cost of Health and Dental Insurance.
- Matching retirement plan to help you plan for the future.
- Advancement Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement.
- And many more fantastic benefits.
If you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents, to provide excellent floor care services and to work in a family-like atmosphere, apply today at www.goodsamhome.org or The Good Samaritan Home, 601 N. Boeke Rd. Evansville Indiana 47711.
If you possess the following skills you are an ideal candidate for this position.
- Minimum (1) year experience with the skills, machinery, and processes of floor care
- Efficient with time and materials.
- Initiate and develop techniques to improve procedures and efficiency.
- A team player supportive of department and employees.
- Able to quickly identify and resolve flooring issues.
- Physically able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
GROUNDS CREW AND DRIVER
We are seeking a groundskeeper assistant/driver to join our GSH team. The ideal candidate will assist our Head Groundskeeper with mowing, trimming and other landscaping projects. The driving portion of the position requires the employee to transport residents to and from appointments. CPR certification will be provided to individual accepting the position. If you possess these and the following skills, please apply today.
Experience with lawn care machinery and processes
Work independently and manage time effectively
Excellent driving record and navigation skills
Strong communication skills and ability to interact with the residents
CERTIFIED ACTIVITIES PROFESSIONAL
Full time days/evenings and every other weekend.
- Certified Activities Professional certification
- (1) year LTC Memory Care activities experience
- Plan and facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly events that meet the needs and requirements of residents through various activity programs to encourage memory care, socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Assist with transportation, communication, and set up for activity programs.
- Document event planning resources, participant engagement, and other notable information including injuries or behavioral incidents.
- Observe residents at events to gauge their enjoyment and obtain feedback to improve activities.
Full time days and every other weekend.
- Facilitate group programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with planning and leadership of special events.
- Complete required documentation.
- Contribute to resident care planning preparation.
- Assist residents to and from various daily activities.
- Monitor and manage activity program equipment, materials and supplies.
Full Time Days and Evening positions available.
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with chemicals and laundry processes
- Desire to provide great service and adhere to procedures to ensure residents laundry meets the Home’s standards of cleanliness and sterilization
- Willingness to collaborate and assist other departments as needed
Full Time and Part Time Afternoon/Evening positions available.
- Assist team members with preparing and cooking meals for the facility
- Deliver meals and food trays to residents
- Remove plates and serve ware upon the completion meal
- Maintain clean and orderly food stations
Application For Employment
Thank you for your interest in employment at The Good Samaritan Home. The Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer—All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. This application does not automatically result in an interview or offer of employment.