Why work at The Good Samaritan Home?
At The Good Samaritan Home, our goal is simple: be the best senior care provider in the community. Our dedication to our employees allows us to establish excellence standards and high expectations. Our “Home” is built upon our Christian values and our Mission – providing a caring community through an atmosphere of Christian love and concern. We emphasize exceeding customer service expectations in all areas, including resident activities, fine dining, family and employee care.
We are seeking to hire the BEST to be the BEST in the Tri-State!
The Good Samaritan Home, Inc. is a 212 bed, faith based, not-for-profit C.C.R.C. healthcare facility that provides a wide variety of nursing care services including Residential Living, Skilled Care, Memory Care, and Nursing Home. The Home offers employees a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package which includes:
* Free Health and Wellness Clinic
* Employer Paid Benefits:
* Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Short Term Disability
* Affordable Medical and Dental insurance plans
Good Samaritan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more information about the current employment opportunities at Good Samaritan, click on each position You can complete the online application below or stop by the Home at 601 N. Boeke Road to complete the application in person.
Full-time 12 hour and WEO positions currently available.
- Administers medications by preparing medications
- Maintains logs.
- Maintains patient stability by taking and recording vital signs.
- Maintains patient nutrition by examining food trays and recording food and fluid intake and output.
- Performs routine laboratory tests by collecting samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (CNA)
Full-time 12 hour positions
- Assisting patients with daily personal hygiene activities, (bathing, mouth care, dressing/undressing, hair and nail care);
- Assisting with turning, lifting, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, spa tub, wheelchairs, and lifts;
- Answering call lights promptly;
- Effective communication with the patient and all members of the team.
- Qualified candidates must have a current Indiana Certification (out of state must get Indiana Certification within 120 days of employment.
QUALIFIED MEDICATION AIDE (QMA)
Full-time 12 hour positions
- A QMA works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse and can perform only procedures that are defined within the QMA scope of practice.
- Must possess a Valid QMA Certification
- Administer regularly prescribed medication which the QMA has been trained to administer.
- Document in a patient’s electronic medication record all medications that they actually administered.
- Report any reactions or abnormalities to the RN.
- QMA’s at Good Samaritan also work as CNA’s.
(1) Full time days and EOW
(1) Part time days and EOW
Must have valid CNA Certification; Restorative experience preferred.
- Assist nursing staff in providing restorative care to residents and patients.
- Perform restorative and therapy tasks on patients as assigned
- Gather and document on patients’ data for restorative therapeutic purposes.
- Serve meals to residents and patients in a restorative facility.
- Monitor and keep track of changes in residents and patients under restorative nursing care.
- Assist restorative nursing staff in bathing, dressing and grooming residents and patients.
CERTIFIED ACTIVITIES PROFESSIONAL
Full time days/evenings and every other weekend.
- Certified Activities Professional certification
- (1) year LTC Memory Care activities experience
- Plan and facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly events that meet the needs and requirements of residents through various activity programs to encourage memory care, socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Assist with transportation, communication, and set up for activity programs.
- Document event planning resources, participant engagement, and other notable information including injuries or behavioral incidents.
- Observe residents at events to gauge their enjoyment and obtain feedback to improve activities.
Full time days and every other weekend.
- Facilitate group programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with planning and leadership of special events.
- Complete required documentation.
- Contribute to resident care planning preparation.
- Assist residents to and from various daily activities.
- Monitor and manage activity program equipment, materials and supplies.
Full Time – Evenings 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Collect, sort, wash and dry linens and resident’s personal clothing
- Fold, organize, and deliver clean linens to residential neighborhoods
- Provide backup for Housekeeping
- Sweep and mop dining room floor
Part Time positions available.
- Assist team members with preparing and cooking meals for the facility
- Deliver meals and food trays to residents
- Remove plates and serve ware upon the completion meal
- Maintain clean and orderly food stations