Why work at The Good Samaritan Home?
At The Good Samaritan Home, our goal is simple: be the best senior care provider in the community. Good Samaritan Home provides a family-like atmosphere by sharing Christian love and concern for our residents and our employees. Providing exceptional resident care is the foundation of our Home. We are seeking self-motivated, passionate and dependable employees to join our family
Benefits Available To Employees Of Good Samaritan Home Include:
◊ Competitive Wage with Annual Merit Increases.
◊ Generous Paid-Time-Off with accrual beginning day (1) of employment.
◊ Free Office Visits, Generic Medications, and Lab Work at our Employee Clinic.
◊ Free Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
◊ Low employee cost Health and Dental Insurance.
◊ Matching retirement plan to help you plan for the future.
◊ Advancement Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement
◊ And many more fantastic benefits
If you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents and to provide excellent job performance in a family-like atmosphere, apply today. Good Samaritan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
This full-time position’s start date will be approximately August 1-15th.
The ideal candidate would meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Health Care Administration
- 3-5 years of Human Resource work experience in a healthcare environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a minimum of intermediate level expertise with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Must exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness with a commitment to maintaining confidentiality in all matters
- Able to make decisions autonomously in anticipation of needs
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations governing employment, compensation, and benefits issues
- Provide strong leadership to the HR Staff and the Home.
Job responsibilities include
- Effective recruitment and retention procedures
- Administering employee benefit
- Developing policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with the Home’s policies and procedures,
- Processing employment and EEOC claims
- Supervision of HR Staff
Full-time 12 hour Day/Eve and Eve/Night positions available
- Administers medications by preparing medications
- Maintains logs.
- Maintains patient stability by taking and recording vital signs.
- Maintains patient nutrition by examining food trays and recording food and fluid intake and output.
- Performs routine laboratory tests by collecting samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (CNA)
Full-time 12 hour positions – Day/Eve and Eve/Night
- Assisting patients with daily personal hygiene activities, (bathing, mouth care, dressing/undressing, hair and nail care);
- Assisting with turning, lifting, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, spa tub, wheelchairs, and lifts;
- Answering call lights promptly;
- Effective communication with the patient and all members of the team.
- Qualified candidates must have a current Indiana Certification (out of state must get Indiana Certification within 120 days of employment.
QUALIFIED MEDICATION AIDE (QMA)
Full-time 12 hour positions
- A QMA works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse and can perform only procedures that are defined within the QMA scope of practice.
- Must possess a Valid CNA/QMA Certification
- Must work as QMA and CNA
- Administer regularly prescribed medication which the QMA has been trained to administer.
- Document in a patient’s electronic medication record all medications that they actually administered.
- Report any reactions or abnormalities to the RN.
- QMA’s at Good Samaritan also work as CNA’s.
CNA TRAINING PROGRAM
Good Samaritan Home will be offering CNA Training Classes when the COVID19 restrictions are lifted by the CDC and Indiana State Department of Health. If you are interested in the program and meet the following requirements, please complete the online application. We will contact all applicants when GSH begins offering the training.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Possess basic reading and mathematical skills
- Criminal background check that shows you are free of criminal charges related to theft, abuse or drug related charges in the last 5 years
- Negative drug screen test for illegal substance use
- Commit to the 4 week training program (working both day/eve and eve/night 12 hour shifts)
- Agree to work at GSH for (1) year after earning your CNA certification
Full and PRN Position Available
Must have valid CNA Certification; Restorative experience preferred.
- Assist nursing staff in providing restorative care to residents and patients.
- Perform restorative and therapy tasks on patients as assigned
- Gather and document on patients’ data for restorative therapeutic purposes.
- Serve meals to residents and patients in a restorative facility.
- Monitor and keep track of changes in residents and patients under restorative nursing care.
- Assist restorative nursing staff in bathing, dressing and grooming residents and patients.
- cleaning and sanitizing rooms or other assigned areas following cleaning schedule
- cleaning all surfaces, floors, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- clean and sanitize bathing spaces, sinks and toilets
- communicate throughout the day with supervisors and other staff members
- responding to the needs of residents in a prompt and courteous manner
Full Time – Evening position 2:00 – 10:30 pm
- Collect, sort, wash and dry linens and resident’s personal clothing following cleaning and sanitizing guidelines and procedures
- Fold, organize, and deliver clean linens to residential neighborhoods
- Provide backup for housekeeping department as needed.
ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT - PART TIME
Part Time – 48 Hours/Pay and Every Other Weekend
- Facilitate group programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with planning and leadership of special events.
- Complete required documentation.
- Contribute to resident care planning preparation.
- Assist residents to and from various daily activities.
- Monitor and manage activity program equipment, materials and supplies.
- Assist team members with preparing and cooking meals for the facility
- Deliver meals and food trays to residents
- Maintain clean and orderly food stations
- Provide assistance to residents and dietary team as needed
Application For Employment
Thank you for your interest in employment at The Good Samaritan Home. The Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer—All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. This application does not automatically result in an interview or offer of employment.